All of our hybrid vehicle services are performed in accordance with manufacturer specifications and maintain your vehicle's warranty. The list of services below covers what's included in our standard 5K, 15K and 30K service for hybrid cars and includes what most manufacturers recommend.
In addition to the hybrid vehicle scheduled maintenance services listed below, we also perform repairs.
Need a battery changed? Hybrid batteries require changing after about seven years, depending on your driving habits. Check out this video blog we made on changing a hybrid battery.
5,000 Mile Service
- Road test & report on any
noises or handling problems
- Check condition of oil & change oil and filter if needed
- Top up fluids and report on their condition
- Check underside of car for road damage. Check condition of aerodynamic shields & report. Check cable guides, clips & protectors
- Check & adjust tire pressure. Inspect condition of tires
- Check exhaust
- Check steering
- Check suspension
- Check CV boots
- Check front brake pads, check rear brake pads if applicable, record thickness. Check brake components (Lines, hoses, calipers and rest of hydraulics)
- Check lights, wipers and washers
- Check belts and hoses
- Check air and cabin filters
- Check 12-volt battery and leads
- Final road test
15,000 Mile Service
- All items in the 5,000 mile service plus...
- Check thickness of rear brake shoes and record thickness
- Check radiator, condenser and intercooler. Recommend service if needed
- Check fuel lines, connectors, fuel tank band, fuel tank vapor system and cap gasket
- Scan computer. Check for predictive codes related to hybrid battery and existing codes related to emission system
30,000 Mile Service
- All items in the 5,000 & 15,000 mile service plus...
- Check transmission fluid condition and recommend service if needed
- Check condition of rear differential on 4WD vehicles
- Remove spark plugs and check condition. Apply anti-seize to threads if plugs are still serviceable
- Check for special services that might be needed related to the make and type of hybrid
- Check for service updates and recalls
photo courtesy of MikeSheridan89 photostream